Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Back From Vacation - Am I Feeling Guilty Yet?

I deplaned Sunday and went back to work yesterday.  Finished reading ADD Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life on the plane.  And only forgot to pack two things:  my bathing suit and something else that I'm forgetting, now.  Neither forgotten thing caused any trouble.  So, on the whole, I'm not feeling very guilty.  Just a little guilty for being a bit behind at work due to the vacation.  The vacation was rejuvinating, though, and no one at work has been put out, so if I think about it, the guilt goes away.

Oh, I could feel guilty about putting the plane ticket on the charge card, but I've had much larger balances in the past and I know that this one won't last long.  Also, I went to bed at a decent hour last night, which ADD FWOYL strongly recommends.  So yay, me. 

I'm trying something from ADD FWOYL called a stubby list.  That's a to do list with from 3 to 5 things on it, each of them meant to be done today.  You write it on a large post-it or, since I don't have those, on a small, portable tablet.  You write the few items in big letters, at least half an inch tall.  You carry it around.  I crossed off two things, yesterday.  Hang on a sec . . .

. . . OK.  That was one more. Might hit the rest before I leave for work this morning.  You never can tell.  And three is enough to make me happy. 

I'm testing some scents from ZOMG Smells.  [BTW, want a cool picture of a trio of Brachiosaurs?]  You can buy a selection of ten testers for not very much and go exploring.  It fits in the guilt blog because there is a scent from my teenhood that intrigued me and that I've never been able to identify or find.  It was the background scent at a shop in Ports O' Call, back in the early seventies.  It was musky and . . . thought provoking.  So I ordered ten of their squees (squee is their name for a tester sample) with a musk in them.  We'll see what happens.

One of my problems with ADD is getting stuck.  Having something that I want to do or need to do, but just not being able to take the next step.  And then having the task age.  And age.  Knocking loose a task from so long ago if very energizing. 

So far I've tried The Chieftain's Wife:  " — the feminine side of pillaging and dominion. Royal jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli, dusty musk."  It's close to the scent I remember in some ways, but it's a lot lighter.  Let's see.  Should I try Wait Until Evening?  "A dark, funky, musky blend of patchouli, myrrh, red ginger, spikenard and blackstrap molasses."  That sounds promising.

Hmm.  Sharper than the target scent.  Definitely interesting, though. 

I think for my next post I'll list the old family things that are hanging.  You know, pictures, letters, home movies, etc.  I was thinking about doing that in this post, but now that I think of it, it's going to take some time and thought.  And some stacking and counting.  So, not this morning.