Tuesday, November 22, 2011

More Old (2010) Guilt - March 6, 2010

(Looking at this log, I suspect that the entries will start to be longer and longer apart.)

Should I feel guilty that it’s been so long since I wrote here?  I think I’ll skip that.  Although I haven’t mentioned getting the Platinum Family Tree Maker with the six months of Ancestry dot com.  That makes me feel less guilty, even though I’ve only spent two days with it so far, and that is another opportunity for guilt.  Not taking that one, yet, though.

Found  the following quote on Emory’s website.  “Fear operates all the time in the financial markets, Gregory Berns, director of the Emory Center for Neuropolicy, told PBS Nightly Business Report. The herd mentality, or the idea that other people know more than you do, is “extremely potent, extremely hard to resist,” he says..”

I could do something with that. Dad was always railing about people being sheep.  This is a different way of looking at the same thing.  Without the bitter reproach. 

I may keep the silver serving spoons written about above.  (Last post.) Just because extra serving spoons can be handy.  I’ll use them for pot lucks and places where I don’t care if they get hurt or come back.

Oooo.  Guilt over Dad’s Ranting.  Here’s some videos regarding the quote above.  The relate rather well to his “People are Sheep” rant.  (Extended Interview with Dr. Gregory Berns of Fear and Finances.)

6/14/2016

The link above no longer works.  Who Dr. Gregory Berns is can be found here:  .

This is a transcript of a very short interview with him.  And here is a speech he gave that's on YouTube.  One of those links will probably last for at least a few years.